Toronto Women's Alternate Thursdays
Natty's Virtual Banana Bake Off Trail - Recipe
Basic Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup sugar (or less)
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or add parchment lining to a loaf pan 9”x 6”x 3” deep.
- In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine just until the mixture is uniform, with no dry lumps.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the bread is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Note: Meaningless prizes will be associated with three competitive categories:
- “I Have Never Baked My Banana Before” -
for first-timers, obviously. Must execute the basic banana bread recipe given below. Costumes and items of personal flair for extra consideration.
- “How I Make My Banana Sexy” -
for experienced banana bread makers who have evolved from the basic recipe. Special flavourings, ingredients and the like.
- “My Drunken Banana” -
for inspired alcohol pairing suggestions whether the participant is baking a banana or not.
Back to the Recipe Archive page